One stop forum

Hello Wink

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

One stop forum

Hello Wink

One stop forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One stop forum

for your entertainment - One stop forum

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez issues general apology for using 'negro' in confrontation with Manchester United defender Patrice Evra

xiaojin

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez issues general apology for using 'negro' in confrontation with Manchester United defender Patrice Evra Empty Liverpool striker Luis Suarez issues general apology for using 'negro' in confrontation with Manchester United defender Patrice Evra

Post by xiaojin Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Luis Suarez has issued an apology for using the word 'negro' towards Manchester United full back Patrice Evra which led to the striker receiving an eight-match ban from the FA.

While the Uruguayan has not directly apologized to the United defender, the Liverpool forward contradicts an independent report commissioned by the FA which claimed he had used the word "negro" seven times during the incident at Anfield on Oct. 15.cheap jersey

"I admitted to the commission that I said a word in Spanish once, and only once," said Suarez.

"I never, ever used this word in a derogatory way and if it offends anyone then I want to apologize for that. I told the panel members that I will not use it again on a football pitch in England."

The 115-page report revealed the reasons for Suarez's ban and 40,000 pound fine, and led to a subsequent statement from the player and Liverpool which denied the remarks towards Evra were racist.
    2012 pro bowl jerseys
    Despite its dissatisfaction with the outcome of Suarez's investigation, Liverpool has confirmed it will not appeal the 24-year-old's ban.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 am